Spoiler Alert

WARNING - I have read the books multiple times. If you have NOT read the books, please note that I give information away in my dialog. I may note in comments from book one information I learned from book four, so if you don't want to know - you may want to come back after you have read the books.

Monday, August 27, 2012

NONGWS - Review of Meant to Be


Book Review:


Meant to Be by Tiffany King




Ok, so I’ve never actually written a true review on a book before – I mean something other than I really liked it and would recommend this book so be patient with me as I try to figure this process out.

In-between reading QL’s books, I am reading other books – there are some really talented writers out there in the indie world writing some crazy good books. I just haven’t known about them until I started getting more involved with the right people. 

The book I just finished reading is ‘Meant to Be’ by Tiffany King. I was already a fan of Tiffany’s blog Book Love, even though I had not read any of her books.

Over the years I’ve been a huge vampire fan. Read the books, watch the movies, cheer for Team Edward, etc. Then I was introduced to Nicky Charles’ Law of the Lycan series and Quinn Loftis’ The Grey Wolves series and became a serious fan of werewolves. Now, I’m also a fan of celestial beings.

You figure out pretty fast that the main character, Krista, isn’t just your average teenage girl getting ready to graduate from high school. She has quite a bit going on in her life, and though it appears to get a little more complicated with beginning a new school, and meeting Sam, Mark, and Shawn; it is actually then when her life really starts to fall into place.

There is a bit of a mystery around this group of friends. Among the normally day-to-day of being a teenager, the group needs to figure out why they are so connected, why they are drawn to the same area, and a number of other questions that keep coming up. I like the fact that not all of the answers are neatly handed to you in this first book; you are left with a few questions and hope to find the answers in the next book, ‘Forgotten Souls’.

Although this book was probably written with the YA reader in mind, it is suited for anyone who is young at heart. It is a fun read, and definitely one I would recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment