Spoiler Alert

WARNING - I have read the books multiple times. If you have NOT read the books, please note that I give information away in my dialog. I may note in comments from book one information I learned from book four, so if you don't want to know - you may want to come back after you have read the books.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Book 1 - Prince of Wolves - Chapter 18


 I will be on vacation until September 10 - so I will not be posting anything until then after this post.


Chapter 18


My Thoughts:


I love the fact that the grey wolves are not the kind of werewolves from our fairy tales and horror stories. I think the idea of a werewolf that cannot remember being a wolf or not having control of when they become a wolf just seems like a cruel existence. The fact that werewolves are another species and not monsters makes sense in a world with mystical beings. The explanation for how the two coexist (listed below) is also well thought-out.

The blood rites ceremony sounds so very romantic. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to really have that type of connection with your significant other? I know there are times I really wish my husband could read my mind (and other times I’m really glad he cannot!), but to know that you are truly connected to someone on a level that no one else ever has or will be with them – that would be nice. 

Favorite Lines:

“Whatever gets us to the place we need to be. I’ll try not to ask ‘are we there yet’,” Jacque answered impatiently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“You’re a Romanian werewolf prince, your dad is the werewolf king, you are bossy, possessive, and territorial by nature. Which, if you were just a wolf would mean you’d pee on whatever you wanted to mark as yours.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Hold on, put on the brakes, throw it in park, and set the emergency brake while you’re at it. Did you just say centuries?” Jen asked dubiously.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Once again my parade is saturated in the downpour of hurricane Sally,” Jen retorted.

Things We Learned:

  • Jacque is not safe un-bonded
  • There are many types of werewolves (we knew there had to be)
  • Alphas is sort of the equivalent of a king
  • True definition of phasing (see below)
  • Jacque learns that there is a blood rites ceremony
  • Male markings on the right side = dominate
  • Elaborate markings on the front of the chest = Alpha
  • Markings that go up the neck or other places seen with clothes on = mated
  • Mated Alphas are much stronger than unmated Alphas

What is Phasing? 

Fane describes phasing in this chapter, and I believe that it truly explains it so I’m listing that here.

“…My wolf and I are one, but also separate. When I am not in wolf form, he is still there. I can still call on him for help and use his attributes. When I am in wolf form he uses my human attributes – I can still think and reason like a man. That is why we don’t call it changing, because that implies that when we are in our wolf forms we no longer retain any human attributes, and vice versa, which is not the case. We always coexist together…”

No comments:

Post a Comment