Spoiler Alert

WARNING - I have read the books multiple times. If you have NOT read the books, please note that I give information away in my dialog. I may note in comments from book one information I learned from book four, so if you don't want to know - you may want to come back after you have read the books.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book 1 - Prince of Wolves - Chapter 12


Chapter 12


My Thoughts:

This chapter is short, sweet, and funny. There really wasn’t a lot happening here other than the people getting together and having some fun. It really reminded me of game nights with my family. What’s Yours Like is the type of game we play – and we relish in watching each other turn pink (well actually that is a rarity in my group now LOL).

We now know that one of the Coldspring Greys have claimed Jacque, but at this point we do not know that it is actually Lucas himself. This is when I start wondering what the heck these guys were thinking. We know that true mates bond – nothing is ever said that bonding with someone who isn’t your true mate works. So why bother? If the darkness/madness isn’t going to be driven away by someone, why go to the trouble? It boggles my mind…and I can guarantee that this will be a rant in more than one future post.

I believe that Jacque is actually handling all of this stuff very well at this point. Yes, she has had her moments, but in just a few days’ time she has started being able to communicate mentally with a total stranger, and now she has a magnificent tattoo on her back that she had no say in. She knows that Fane has answers, but apparently on some level she trusts him. She has agreed to go out with him, and she isn’t driving him crazy demanding answers. Pretty impressive for a 17 year old female, if you ask me.


The description of the first time Fane “scents” Jacque is so sweet and so hot at the same time. It is such an amazing experience to have that type of connection with someone, where them being so close to you just makes you shiver.

Favorite Lines:

“So what I’m hearing you say is that you have information that I need to know, but you’re not going to tell me just yet. And with all this bizarre stuff…well bizarre to me, you want to go out on a date, like everything is just rosy?” she asked him, sounding astonished.

Things We Learned:

  • Fane is now conscious of his appearance
  • A male’s markings “sting” when other Canis Lupis are in the area (not sure this is mentioned at any other point, so it may be just when they are non-pack?)
  • Coldspring pack called Fane’s father
  • Jacque has been claimed by another wolf
  • Coldspring pack Alpha has requested that Fane leaves immediately
  • Fane is aware that Lilly knows something
  • Jacque is still having jealousy issues with Jennifer flirting with Fane
  • Fane asked Jacque out on a date
  • Fane “scented” Jacque for the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment