Spoiler Alert

WARNING - I have read the books multiple times. If you have NOT read the books, please note that I give information away in my dialog. I may note in comments from book one information I learned from book four, so if you don't want to know - you may want to come back after you have read the books.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Book 1 - Prince of Wolves - Chapter 13


Chapter 13


My Thoughts:

Jacque realizes that Fane’s scent not only has a specific smell, but it calls to her.  Now I’ve noticed someone smelling good before, and I’ve been comforted by a familiar smell, but I’m not sure I could say I’ve had one “call” me before…well that is if you don’t count chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven. My guess is that it calls to her wolf.

There is a when Jen tells Sally “Yeah, yeah. You’re a real gypsy.” I wonder if QL did this on purpose. Did she give us a bit of foreshadowing here, or was it just a happy coincidence? There are a few of these “coincidences” if that is the case, things that you might not catch the first time you read through. I imagine that I’ll still be catching little nuances each time I read them. Which is one of the reasons, IMHO, that QL is a good writer. Something else I noticed about QL’s writing as I read the series was it got better with each book.

As the girls quiet begin to get ready for sleep, Jacque notices she can “feel” Sally worrying. What exactly is Sally worrying about? Well, let’s see, one of her best friends is able to communicate with the new hot guy via her mind, and all of a sudden same girl is sporting an amazing tattoo that she didn’t pay to have done (nor did she have the lovely experience that goes with having your skin pierced with a tiny needle many, many times). My question is, why is she worried, but Jacque seems to be more accepting of it. Is this because, as we learn later, Sally just kind of knows things? Is Jacque, at least on some level, in denial or even in shock?

Favorite Lines:

“All I got to say is if she said no, she might not want to go to sleep tonight, ‘cause I’m going to dye her hair blonde to compliment her on being a dumb ass,” Jen told them.
“Uh, Jen. You’re a blonde,” Jacque pointed out.
“No, not really. God just got it wrong and it was too late to change once He noticed.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Well, put away your hair dye you overreacting freak. I said yes…”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“This is really happening, isn’t it?”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“You really should seek help for that temper of yours. You know, they have medicine that would help,” Jacque told her, trying to sound gentle as if talking to an unruly child.

Things We Learned:

  • Fane’s scent smells like woods and spice to Jacque
  • Fane’s scent is comforting to Jacque; it “calls” to her
  • Confirmation that Lilly knows who and what Fane is
  • Lilly thinks that Fane may suspect she knows something
  • Jen thinks confidence is sexy; does not think men driving hybrids is
  • Jacque is waiting for the “other shoe” to drop
  • Jen thinks Fane could be “the one” for Jacque (which of course he is)
  • Jacque realizes that her marks would actually fit Fane’s marks like a puzzle
  • Jacque can “feel” the waves of worry coming off of Sally
  • Jen pretty much only thinks about things that pertain to sex and/or the opposite sex

No comments:

Post a Comment