Spoiler Alert

WARNING - I have read the books multiple times. If you have NOT read the books, please note that I give information away in my dialog. I may note in comments from book one information I learned from book four, so if you don't want to know - you may want to come back after you have read the books.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Book 1 - Prince of Wolves - Chapter 6


Chapter 6


Trying something new for a few chapters to see how I feel about it. Not really sure it is necessary for me to write out a summary of the chapter as you’ve read the books so I’m going to just try giving my thoughts.

If you thought there was something important that wasn’t pointed out, please comment. I would love to hear your thoughts as well.

My Thoughts:

I find it interesting how well Fane is able to work through these issues he is faced with. Here is has come to a small town in the middle of nowhere, going for a new experience. He’s not even out of the car 5 minutes and BAM he’s got a mate. This has really stirred the beast within, and he seems to be able to deal with this remarkably well. If you think about it, how much different would it be dealing with a wolf inside wanting to claim its mate or dealing with raging hormones?

Jacque on-the-other-hand, she thinks she is going crazy, also not unlike a real teenage girl going through puberty; she definitely feels like she has lost it. Can’t say as I blame her though, the hearing voices thing would be trés odd

I’m glad that we finally have two-way conversation taking place now. Yeah, Fane had no intention of letting Jacque know without really thinking about it, who he was, but the best laid plans and all.

Favorite Points:

Jacque smells like cotton candy and fresh snow.

Favorite Lines:

        “What on earth did it mean by “human mind”? Was the voice implying that it was not human? Oh, wouldn’t that be the icing on the cake. I’m not just hearing a voice, nope, that would still be in the realm of crazy. I passed crazy a few exits back. No, I’m now entering crackpot ville.”

Things We Learned:

  • For those of you not from the south – sweet tea is tea flavored sugar water (not important but still)
  • Jacque scent, at least to Fane, is of cotton candy and fresh snow (whatever that smells like)
  • Fane’s wolf likes his protein raw (write your own jokes for that one…)
  • Fane is a great house guest (do your 17 year old male guests rinse their dishes off?)
  • Jacque now knows that it is Fane she is hearing in her mind

No comments:

Post a Comment