Spoiler Alert

WARNING - I have read the books multiple times. If you have NOT read the books, please note that I give information away in my dialog. I may note in comments from book one information I learned from book four, so if you don't want to know - you may want to come back after you have read the books.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Book 1 - Prince of Wolves - Chapter 8


Chapter 8


My Thoughts:

Fane may only be 17, but he handles the situations in this chapter pretty well. I’m not saying that he always reacts perfectly, far from it, but considering what he going through I am impressed:

When he is talking to his dad about the possibility of finding his mate made me laugh. I mean, truthfully he was pretty calm about it, considering he hadn’t been there for more than 24 hours and things were happening that he had never really been warned about. I’m thinking that would have freaked me out a lot more. Yes, his father told him to “settle”, but I think someone would have had to pull me off the ceiling.

Then you have the first time he sees Jacque’s marks.  He looks out the window and sees Jacque in barely anything, showing her marks to the world. Instead of reacting like a complete lunatic, as we see some of the males behave in the future, he calmly points out that she is practically naked. At least he does it by trying to be funny.

I really would like to know what Fane's mother said when she began "speaking quickly in their native tongue" after hearing that Fane may have found his mate at 17.

This is the first time we really get to hear anything from Vasile. You learn from the beginning that he is extremely caring, as an Alpha and a father; he is also extremely wise. He and Alina are people you want to have as mentors and/or friends. 


Favorite Lines:

“…Nothing happens by chance, there is purpose in everything.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Lesser words have preceded many a war”


Things We Learned:

  • There is an eight hour time difference between Coldspring and Romania
  • Alpha’s view their Packs like their own children
  • Unmated males are restless, aggressive and stupid (uh… I don’t think “unmated” has the monopoly on those characteristics)
  • A mate has to be Canis Lupis, doesn’t matter if they are full blooded, but there has to be some in there somewhere.
  • Male’s markings change when they find their mate
  • Women get markings that match their mate’s, like a puzzle piece
  • The female markings are private, and meant for her mate to see
  • Finding a mate at a young age is rare
  • Werewolves live a very long time
  • When mates bond, their lives are bound together
  • Once a male finds his mate, his wolf becomes an adult overnight, regardless of his age
  • Mates cannot go long periods of time without sharing their thoughts or being close to one another
  • Jacque’s markings have appeared 

No comments:

Post a Comment