Spoiler Alert

WARNING - I have read the books multiple times. If you have NOT read the books, please note that I give information away in my dialog. I may note in comments from book one information I learned from book four, so if you don't want to know - you may want to come back after you have read the books.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Book 1 - Prince of Wolves - Chapter 15


Chapter 15


My Thoughts:

This was one of those “fluff” chapters; necessary for the entertainment value; details of the girls helping Jacque get ready and all, but not a ton of information given.  There were, of course, great lines of dialog, part of which was Jennifer describing in great detail what she would do to Jacque if Jacque didn’t finally kiss Fane. She has quite the imagination and I must say she comes up with some very impressive ways to get back at someone; and these are for her friends – I would hate to be on the receiving end of one of her plots and not be her friend!

I’m amused at Fane and how he responds to the way Jacque looks and to her markings. I wonder if he is less concerned with protocol because he knows that Lilly is aware of the situation. Does he assume that her knowledge makes it ok for him to acknowledge his position in this relationship, even if Jacque doesn’t catch the full meaning?

I’m also curious as to why at this point Lilly just doesn’t come clean? She cannot help but react to things, even though she is able to recover quickly – she still reacts to them. Why not just have the discussion now instead of playing like the markings are fake tattoos? I realize that from the story stand point Fane and Jacque needed to leave, there were events that needed to take place – I’m just trying to understand the characters thought process here. So I’ve decided that Lilly was still in either a bit of denial or in shock – maybe a little of both. The realization that her daughter had a true mate at the tender age of 17 must have been difficult to deal with, especially since it happened so quickly. It isn’t like they had known each other for years and dated for a good while.

Favorite Lines:

“I was just talking to Fane and his voice got all sensual on me and it was like…”
Jacque didn’t know how to finish so Jen offered up, “Phone sex, virtual mind sex, I would say sex on a stick put that really only applies to Dove ice cream bars.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Because they look as cool as Hades, that’s why,” Jen piped in.
“That statement doesn’t even make sense, Jen. Hell is not cool, geez…”
“Oh, my bad. They look as hot as Hades, that’s why,” Jen interrupted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“If you like that gorgeous piece of meat out there and you don’t kiss him, I will personally take every bra you own and hang them on all the antennas of the cars on your street. Oh, and I'll write your name on them in black magic marker and hang two on hottie's motorcycle! How you like them apples?” Jen told her.
“Where on earth do you come up with these ideas? Is there like a website called vindictive.com, or cruel-mean-ideas.org?” Sally asked her sarcastically.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Alright. We’re going, mom. Love you. Don’t wait up, I’ll wake you up when I get home. Yes, I will wear my helmet; no, I won’t be cold; no, I don’t need any money; yes, I have my house key, and yada yada yada,” Jacque answered before her mom could even ask.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“You ready, Luna?” he asked her. It felt like he wasn’t just asking her about the motorcycle ride, more like he was giving her a choice, one that she had no plausible outcome for.
“Probably not, but what the hell. What’s life without a little excitement or craziness, ya know? Take your pick,” Jacque answered.


Things We Learned:

  • Jacque feels she could fall hard for Fane
  • Jacque feels like she belongs with Fane, like she has always belonged with him
  • Lilly knows what the tattoo is (you can tell by her reaction)
  • Jacque’s helmet is black and dark pink with different designs on it

No comments:

Post a Comment