Spoiler Alert

WARNING - I have read the books multiple times. If you have NOT read the books, please note that I give information away in my dialog. I may note in comments from book one information I learned from book four, so if you don't want to know - you may want to come back after you have read the books.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Book 1 - Prince of Wolves - Chapter 11


Chapter 11


My Thoughts:

Ah the random emotions of a teenage girl. Having lived through 3 teenage daughters, I feel for Lilly. You just never know how they are going to react to things. You would think that Jacque would have been excited about finding out her mother had invited Fane over for pizza and games. She obviously likes him. So is it the fact that she is freaking out about the mind communication thing and the new tattoo on her back?  I suspect that has something to do with it, although she does forget about the tat long enough to shock Sally with it. We do see that by the end of the chapter, regardless of her earlier reaction, Jacque is excited about seeing Fane.

I am a little curious about Jacque and Trent’s breakup. I kept expecting to find out that Trent was part of the Coldspring pack and that Lucas had told him to back off. Since that didn’t happen, I’ve decided that it must be something more mundane like the typical “we’re seniors and I want the chance to party.” I remember seeing girls go through that in high school and feeling so bad for them. Or maybe even something along time lines of Splendor in the Grass, when Warren Beatty’s character breaks up with Natalie Wood’s character because his father wants him too; so he could “sow his wild oats” so-to-speak. Anyway, we don’t know what happened, and it really isn’t important – just something I kept looking for and never found.

For a brief moment, let’s say that QL uses the wolf within for more of a metaphor than an actual wolf. Now, I’m not saying that is really what she has done, I’m just saying that the way she writes one could go there with that thought. There are moments when the human struggles with the wolf, as if they are struggling with their conscious or with fate. Jacque wants to go nuts on Fane, but a part of her wants Fane with her.  We see this type of behavior throughout the books, this and as well as seeing how “fate” guides things, but that thought is for another post.

Favorite Lines:

“I’m sorry for your pain because of that, but I will not deny my pleasure in knowing I will not have to convince him it was in his best interest to take his intentions elsewhere.”


Things We Learned:

  • Jacque recently broken up with a guy named Trent (nearly 2 months prior)
  • Jacque had been in a long-term (nearly 2 years) relationship with Trent
  • Lilly doesn't get angry often
  • Regardless of how frustrated Jacque gets with Fane, her wolf (although she doesn't realize this) won’t let her do anything about it
  • Fane intends to “court” Jacque

No comments:

Post a Comment