Spoiler Alert

WARNING - I have read the books multiple times. If you have NOT read the books, please note that I give information away in my dialog. I may note in comments from book one information I learned from book four, so if you don't want to know - you may want to come back after you have read the books.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday's What I've Read - Ceaseless by Abbi Glines


Review of Ceaseless by Abbi Glines



Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy #3) by Abbi Glines (Goodreads Author)

Can he make her fall in love with him… again?

When Pagan Moore proved worthy of Death’s devotion, he was given the gift of getting to keep her.

But Dank was never promised that Pagan would keep him.

When a soul is created, so is its mate. In every lifetime those souls find each other. They complete the other’s destiny. It’s time for Pagan’s soul to choose if she truly wants an eternity at Death’s side or if she wants the mate created just for her.

Dank didn’t think he had to worry about her choice. He knew where her heart belonged. Until he realized that every kiss, every touch, every moment of their time together would be washed from her memories. He would have to win her heart all over again and prove to her soul that he was where she belonged. (Description from Goodreads.com)



My Thoughts






5 out of 5 paws

Spoiler Alert - if you have not read Existence or Predestined you will read information found in those books here.

Ceaseless is the third and final book in the Existence Trilogy; it is, IMHO, the best of the series!

What further tests and trials can be expected for Pagan and Dank? I mean she has already gotten through the trials of having the rules broken by Death (that choose to die or Dank goes to Hell event), been put in a mental ward, lost one of her best friends and claimed by a Voo Doo Prince as his eternal mate. You would think that this would be enough to prove that Pagan and Dank belong together. So, you would think that this is the story about beginning their happy ever after, right? Well, Fate is tapping you on the shoulder and saying "Where would the fun be in that?"

Now we have to find out if Pagan's love for Dank is greater than the ties that bind us to our soulmate. Since Dank isn't made for a mate and he doesn't have a soul, can he do it is the big question.

I was thrilled to see one of my favorite characters back, Gee! I absolutely love her, and love the part she plays in this twisted story.

There is a cool bonus link at the end of the book that takes you to some of Dank's music - which made me do the happy dance!!!

Also if you haven't read Leif (2.5 of the Existence trilogy), read it before you get to book 3. It is a few events from Leif's point of view.

This series has put Abbi on my list of favorite authors - a list that is growing these days with all of the talent that is out there. I would also like to point out that Abbi managed to make Death hot, for which I thank her! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment